The 2013 Pony Wars Are Coming!
February 9, 2013 is the date – and the South Georgia Motorsports Park is the location for the Annual Pony Wars event that is hosted by Steeda Autosports and LSR Performance. Featuring a showdown of the best pony cars from Ford, GM, and Mopar, there is GUARANTEED to be something for everyone at this now classic motorsports event.
Current plans for the event include:
- A pre-party/car show at Buffalo Wild Wings in Valdosta will start at 6:30pm and continue until the wee hours. This pre-party, starting at 6:30 pm will allow for everyone to let loose and hang together and build the Pony War camaraderie, and in addition with the parking lot filled with a vast collection of pure American muscle cars, there will be plenty to look at!
- On Saturday morning, the event will kick off at 7:30am at Steeda Autosports Valdosta facility with a tour of our manufacturing and distribution facilities – and for those in attendance, there will be an opportunity to purchase Steeda parts at a special Pony War discounted rate.
- At 9:00am there will be a special Police escorted cruise to the South Georgia Motorsports Park (SGMP) facility that surely will provide for many “Kodak Moments” as thousands of horsepower are all following in procession behind the local Police escourt.
- The SGMP officially opens at 9:00 am – and the excitement will start then and continue all day long! Drag racing participants will have the opportunity to start out with test their cars, and later in the afternoon there will be a “Grudge Racing” session where cars will be sorted into 3 classes based on ET’s. These 3 classes will battle it out for $100.00 gift certificate for the winners and $50.00 for the runner ups.
- We will also have a people choice car show with classes for best Chevrolet, Ford, and Mopar. The winner takes home $50.00 gift certificate, runner up a free t-shirt and decals and everyone in attendance will have a mind full of memories of pure pony car!
- An autocross event will allow you to test and hone your driving skills around a special track that will be set up. This event will provide for a ton of excitement and will pit everyone against each other for the bragging rights for the best handling car at the Pony Wars!
For those out-of-towners, the official host hotel the event is the is the Holiday Inn on West Hill, they have a special $79.00 a night rate as well as ample safe and secured parking for your pony car.
So, if you have an American made Ford, GM, or Mopar car or you just want to have a great time seeing these types of cars in action, this is where you need to be. Every year this event gets bigger and no doubt this year will be one of the biggest ever, with some of the country’s best performance cars in attendance. So make your plans as soon as possible – February 9th will be here before you know it and you do not want to miss this event!
Steeda – Speed Matters