The annual Woodward Dream Cruise takes place on the third Saturday of every August and is the world’s largest one-day automotive event drawing over 1.5 million people all celebrating the American automotive culture. The event takes place on legendary Woodward Avenue where automotive engineers street-tested vehicles in the 60’s and 70’s (and even today!) from stop light to stop light. This year, Steeda Autosports was at the center of it all with an ultra-prime display of our legendary automotive hardware at Woodward and 14 Mile Roads. In addition to displaying our race and production vehicles, we also proudly revealed our newest performance vehicle offering – the Steeda certified GT500 Wide-body (more on that in our next release).
While the Dream Cruise takes place officially on just one day, the excitement actually builds up to that day with over 50,000 vehicles parading along Woodward in the days and evenings prior to the official day. There is simply nothing else that compares to this event in the world and if you have never attended it before, you need to put this on your bucket list for sure!
At our corporate display we were proudly featuring a collection of our race and production vehicles including:
- The all new Steeda certified GT500 Wide-body – where we took the stock GT500 and dramatically crafted a new wide-body performance package
- Steeda Boss 302 Laguna Seca – where we took the best handling Ford Mustang that Ford makes and made it better by adding our proprietary suspension and powertrain enhancements
- Steeda Q650 StreetFighter – Our legendary Street and Track performance beast that gets everyone’s heart pumping
- Steeda Q450 R (race) – Driven by Regional and National American Iron champion Robin Burnett, this 2010 Steeda Q450 regularly competes in the American Iron Series
- Steeda Q450 RS (Race/Street) – Driven by champion Anders Sjoblom, this 2005 Steeda Q450 RS has competed in the NASA Camaro Mustang Challenge Series.
- Steeda Ford GT – This Steeda modified Ford GT is a perennial crowd favorite as it represents pure iconic Steeda American power
At Steeda, we always “push the limits” in everything we do and this Dream Cruise was no exception. On Saturday, during the busiest time of the cruise, we proudly took our production & race cars for a “quiet” cruise down Woodward. The sight of six Steeda vehicles with a combined total of 3681 heart pounding horsepower cruising down Woodward was a pure sight to behold! Needless to say, we attracted quite a bit of attention.
Suffice to say, we are already making plans for next years Dream Cruise. So mark your calendar for the third Saturday in August and meet with us in the Motor City!
Steeda – Speed Matters